Turn Your Confusion into Confidence
A Self-Paced Interactive Video Course
Why German Foundations Works
Enjoy bite-sized lessons that reduce overwhelm and maximize retention. Benefit from careful sequencing that introduces exactly what you need to know (when, how, and why).
Finally 'get it' thanks to mind-blowing principles and patterns that take the scary out of German grammar. Work with my trademarked materials that you won't find anywhere else.
Cement your learning with dozens of walkthrough exercises and drills throughout the course. Easily reference my 1-of-a-kind 'Resource Guide' with my unique materials possibly forever.
These problems are affecting countless German learners …
…and is EXACTLY why I created German Foundations®.
What Students Are Saying:
Inside German Foundations®
Bite-sized, 'Real Deal' German Learning.
Most German-learning is one of two extremes:
1)way too much, way too fast (most classes)
2)info only superficially covered (most apps & software)
I teach you in bite-sized lessons to greatly reduce overwhelm.
I also teach you what you NEED to know to get you speaking German correctly, comfortably and confidently ... ASAP.
Finally Make Sense of 'Random' Grammar Changes
✅ Gain access to my latest 1-of-a-kind proprietary learning tools.
✅ Master using these as I walk you through them step-by-step.
✅ Truly internalize the info thanks to plenty of practice exercises.
Gain access to above resource materials -and walkthroughs and drills- inside German Foundations®.
Plenty of Practice.
Physically writing out answers increases retention (and it's fun).
Included in the course are 3 resources:
1. Resource Guide
3. Answer Key
Print out the included PDF or purchase the physical version.
Learning German is a big task and you are bound to have questions.
We've got your back!
Simply post a question on a lesson video and a team member will respond ASAP.
3 months of support access is included with your course purchase.
(Physical copies available at additional cost)
- Welcome to German Foundations®
- Course Overview
- Course Technology
- Discussion Forum How-Tos and Expectations
- 👉 Required Course Books
- Module 1, Intro: Why noun gender matters
- M1, L1: What is noun gender?
- M1, L2: How to learn noun gender
- M1, L3: Only intuitive gender group
- M1: ✏️ Intuitive noun group practice
- M1, L4: Masculine noun endings
- M1: ✏️ Masculine endings practice
- M1, L5: Neuter noun endings
- M1: ✏️ Neuter endings practice
- M1, L6: Feminine noun endings
- M1: ✏️Feminine endings practice
- M1, L7: Monosyllables
- M1: ✏️ Monosyllables practice
- M1, L8: Noun endings ... bonus*
- M1, L9: Using the gender hierarchy
- M1, L10: Recap
- M1: 📝 Noun gender - extra practice drills
- M1: ✏️Combined endings practice
- M1: Troubleshooting noun endings
- Module 2, Intro: Laura's plurals pathways
- M2, L1: Poly pathway #1
- M2, L2: Poly pathway #2
- M2, L3: Poly pathway #3
- M2, L4: Poly pathway #4
- M2, L5: Poly pathway #5
- M2, L6: Poly pathway #6
- M2, L7: Poly pathway #7
- M2, L8: Mono Pathway #1
- M2, L9: Mono Pathways #2
- M2, L10: Recap
- M2: 📝 Noun Plurals - extra practice drills
- Module 3, Intro: Noun cases overview
- M3, L1: Noun roles
- M3, L2:📝 Noun roles walkthrough
- M3, L3: Slots & cases
- M3, L4: 📝 Slots & cases walkthrough
- M3, L5: Determiners & adjectives
- M3, L6:📝 Determiners & adjectives walkthrough
- M3, L7: Endings for determiners & adjectives
- M3, L8: 📝 Endings for determiners & adjectives walkthrough
- M3, L9: Module #3 Recap
- M4, Preamble: How this simplifies
- Module 4, Intro: Declension patterns overview
- M4, L1: Declension pattern #1
- M4, L2: Declension pattern #2
- M4, L3: Applying Declension Patterns 1 vs 2
- M4, L4: Shaping the entire block
- M4, L5: Module #4 Recap
- M4, L6: 📝 Declension patterns - extra practice drills
- Module 5, Intro: Declension Patterns 3 & 4 Overview
- M5, L1: Declension pattern #3
- M5, L2: Declension pattern 1 vs. 3
- M5, L3: Applying Declension Pattern 3 & Intro to the Dative Case
- M5, L4: Declension Pattern #4
- M5, L5: Declension Pattern 1 vs. 4
- M5, L6: Applying Declension Pattern 1 vs 4
- M5, L7: Recap
- M5, L8: 📝 Declension Patterns - extra practice drills
- Module 6, Intro: Verbs & Pronouns
- M6, L1: Verb endings
- M6, L2: 📝 Verb endings walkthrough
- M6, L3: Strong verbs
- M6, L4: 📝 Strong verbs walkthrough
- M6, L5: Oddball verbs
- M6, L6: 📝 Combined verbs walkthrough
- M6, L7: Recap
- Module 7, Intro: Prepositions & pronouns
- M7, L1: Accusative prepositions
- M7, L2: Dative prepositions
- M7, L3: Two-way prepositions
- M7, L4: 📝 Prepositions walkthrough
- M7, L5: Accusative & Dative Pronouns
- M7, L6: ✏️ Accusative & dative pronouns walkthrough
- M7, L7: Recap
- M7, L8: 📝 Pronouns - extra practice drills
This Course is NOT for you if:
⚠️ You just want to learn some fun words and phrases and not actually be able to independently understand, speak, read, or write in German.
⚠️ You aren’t willing to dedicate yourself to really learning German.
⚠️ You already have a solid vocabulary (2000+ words) and have no trouble correctly assigning noun gender or plural.
⚠️ You already have the case system and declensions mastered (i.e. make no errors and don’t need to reference charts).
This Course IS for you if:
✅ You want to understand the grammatical changes happening when you try to learn with popular software and apps.
✅ You want to actually be able to string together your own sentences in German without just parroting phrases.
✅ You want to build a solid foundation that amplifies all your future learning — saving you time, money, and frustration.
✅ You want to learn German with a clear, structured format but with the flexibility your schedule requires.
It’s tempting to hope that any German course is as good as another … but plenty of students have discovered that’s not the case (did you read the testimonials above^^?).
Whenever you’re ready to discover a smarter way to learn German grammar than through the conventional methods you’ll find basically everywhere else, German Foundations® is the course for you.
German Foundations® is truly so foundational, that many students still use it to fill in their grammar gaps after years of studying German.
So, you’re already locked into that other course? If you take German Foundations® at the same time (it’s self-paced, so there’s no stress!), your improved understanding of German grammar will help you maximum your other learning!
can't stick to a regular schedule?
Since this is a self-paced course with a merely recommended schedule, there’s no such thing as truly falling behind.
Sure, regular learning is a worthy goal to be pursued, but that’s not always life and sometimes we have to fit things into the cracks!
Follow the schedule of one module per week the best that you can, but don’t be hesitant to adjust to your own needs.
The best learning is relaxed, not-stressed-out learning.🙂
There are the conventional methods that you can buy on every proverbial street corner, but maybe you’ve tried those already …
I’ve created a way of teaching German that is significantly outside-the-box. I’ve designed various charts and graphics to explain topics from noun plurals to the case system that you truly won’t find anywhere else.
Whether you’re brand-new to German and can benefit from learning smarter (not harder) from the get-go OR you’ve been struggling to master German grammar for some time with limited results, what have you got to lose? My course is fully guaranteed for your satisfaction!
The proof is in the pudding! I have so many students who — after taking German Foundations — finally feel as if they’ve got a handle on German. And you can, too!
If you dedicate yourself to this course full time, you could likely get it done in a couple weeks. Otherwise, most students complete the course in 6-10 weeks.
Of course, this will vary immensely by how much work you put in as well as plenty of other factors (e.g. your stress levels, consistent studying, your learning style...).
Some students start getting the hang of it immediately; others might need months of consistent practice before enjoying their consistent ‘eureka’ moments. Many students enjoy going through the course multiple times --still gaining more understanding each time.
If you can put in approximately 10 hours a week and also learn German vocabulary in the smartest ways possible (see some videos on my YouTube channel!), correctly, comfortably, and confidently speaking German can take you merely a matter of months (not years!).
This is the beauty of this course. The videos, quizzes, practice exercises, and other resources are always there for you if want to rewatch a particular lesson or module.
This is PERFECT for a beginner!!! It will teach you the SMART way to learn from the get-go, which will save you heaps of time, energy, and money.
I love helping students solve the German grammar mysteries and confusions they’ve wrestled with for years … but I’m always extra happy for those students who are fortunate enough to learn things the right way from the very start.
Probably not. :-p ‘Heritage’ students (<– who grew up speaking some German with their native parents) and students with even bachelor’s or master’s degrees in German have been glad they took German Foundations!
YES! Many popular apps simply can’t teach you the essential grammar structures of German like a dedicated course can.
If you learn the core principles & patterns of German grammar with me, you’ll be able to actually put to use the vocabulary you continue learning with Duolingo.
YES! German Foundations will super-charge any other resources you use to learn German. Why? Because …
Most courses, apps, etc. either don’t really teach grammar concepts at all OR they teach using subpar conventional methods that are relatively inefficient and ineffective.
The tips & tricks you’ll learn in German Foundations will help you learn the ‘smarter, not harder’ way.
Simply click the ‘3 payments’ option, enter in your information, and you’ll be automatically billed — once right away and then again for the next 2 months.
Yes! Just click the ‘buy’ button and select the ‘PayPal’ option after you click through.
👉 Your Next Steps:
If you’ve made it this far, this course is probably exactly what you need.
Click the 'Buy Now' button below
Make your payment
Start the course
Start making sense of German grammar